The Adventure Begins December 1st.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Leaping Into The Unknown

As we get closer to our departure date lots of things start to go through my mind. Should we sell one of our cars? What else do we need to buy? Do we have enough money saved up? How can we make or save money while traveling? Is this even realistic for us to do?...
If we are not careful these thoughts will start to consume us (more me than Anna, as I tend to be the more anxious one).
We both, however, have had some of these thoughts and learned to give each other time and space to deal with it on our own and then talk about it and move on. If we let each other dwell then everything will pile up and make it harder to be where we need to be before leaving.

Money seems to be a constant thought... how much will we have when we leave, and will that be enough? It is hard to know how much we need when we don't have everything planned out; and even harder to know how much we are going to spend while on the road because nothing will be consistent. Where we go depends somewhat on how much we have saved, but how much we need saved depends on where we are going to go. We can plan and plan, but really we won't know until we get started.So I find myself in this circle of thoughts, which gets me nowhere.

When I am able to clear my thoughts I realize that when it's time to go we'll have saved up as much as we can, and the adventure will finally begin and anxieties will begin to fade. The rest will take care of itself one way or the other. When it comes down to it, that's what adventures are all about, taking that leap into the unknown and figuring it out on the way down.  Just need to make sure that happens before we hit the ground ;)

-Nature Nicky